Friday 7 January 2011

Pop bands!

So, recently, my love for pop bands has found itself again. I mostly blame me watching Spice World the other night.
I still claim my love for these girls! Especially Baby Spice, since she's been my favourite since I was a kid.

It's a shame I lost my poster I had when I was....7. xD And it's also a shame I can't find the only CD I ever had, even if it was a single. :(

But anyway, I was doing the surfing on the internet thing the other day, and found myself listening to Asian pop bands. I stopped liking J-pop bands in high school, when I decided J-rock was just more awesome.
Then I started listening to Girls Generation, who I for some reason was under the impression they were Japanese, though they're very obviously Korean.

I don't really know anything about this group, just some of the songs I listened to were *adorable*! They make me all warm and fuzzy inside. :3

Also, while I was on the hunt for take out Chinese food one day with my boyfriend and his friend, we went to a restaurant that...was actually playing pop music! Not just the traditional Chinese music! I gasped, and loved whatever the lady was playing, As we waited for our food, I asked her who it was, so I could look them up later. She was adorable and seemed thrilled I actually took an interest to the music her iPhone was playing, She introduced me to Taiwanese group S.H.E.



I've never been one for music in Cantonese nor Mandarin, it wasn't until I watched the show Firefly that I actually found an appreciation for the latter language! But I adore them, especially their song "Superstar". The girl on the far left, Ella, is my favourite. I love the fact she has that whole tomboy thing going on, which you don't see in many girl pop bands.

Another pop band I can openly claim my love for is Swedish group ABBA. They are awesome, and anyone who listens to pop knows it! :D
They've been around for 30 years at least as you know. They've had "comebacks" during the 1990s and 2000s, so they still perform on occasion. I love the fact they even have a broadway musical turned movie from their song, "Mamma Mia!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment