Wednesday 5 January 2011

Vivienne Westwood and her influence on the punk scene

One of the reasons why I adore Vivienne Westwood so very much is because of her impact on the punk scene, British, American, and even recently, Japanese.


I have a book I bought at a small indie bookstore here; the book is called "Punk the Whole Story". It's a bunch of interviews from Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols, Debbie Harry from Blondie, and so forth. It's rather fascinating to read their intake of it all when punk and anarchy was at its peek in the late 1970s. (As for America, it was all fashion and music.)

What I also found awesome is their love of Westwood fashion. Even watching and reading the NANA series,  Ai Yazawa manages to slip Westwood's famous logo in somewhere in their clothing.

In my opinion, she's one of the most unique fashion designers that deal with "high fashion". 

What do you guys think about Vivienne Westwood? Any thoughts on anything? Tell me! :D

P.S. No, I'm not an anarchist, I just find it fascinating to learn about the music and fashion. :P


1 comment:

  1. I am interested in that logo of her. This is planet Saturn and Maltese cross?

    ReplyDelete