Monday 31 January 2011

Thrifting! (fashion post)

First, I would like to apologise on lack of posting. It's been a mix of work, going back to school, and...being sort of lazy. I'm sorry! Please don't hate me. I know I don't have many followers, but I do appreciate the ones I have tremendously! Now, onto the post;


I'm amazed at how some people are "above" thrifting, even if they're in an alternative style. Yes, brand names are great to have, but in my opinion, thrifting is more fun and a gateway to being more creative! I actually just got back from Goodwill, and have a few goodies to show. :) (Also from last week's Goodwill trip that I was too lazy to take pictures of! Sorry! xD)

My favourite out of today's trip, it's actually from one of my favourite stores (Forever 21) and the price tag was still attached! It originated for $20!:

Lol the plastic thingies are sticking out, sorry. >:

I love this skirt though, it's so pretty with the silver against the black! <3

Another one I bought was a corset top; I'm pretty sure it went with a bridal gown. (Or maybe a costume, cos of the plastic zipper?):

(the skirt and corset work together adorably!)

Last thing I bought for myself there was this skirt I was *hoping* to modify for Lolita, but I'm not sure if I can. Still cute!:

It's hard to see the sparklies and flowers, but it's a nice touch! :)

Also, this is what I bought last week. I was on a bit of a hime mood!

(weird photo, sorry. It's hard to do this from a webcam.>: )

This dress is adorable! I originally wanted to cut it up and make a spaghetti strap top, but it was too cute once I tried it on! It goes perfectly with the next item I bought that day!

It's also a weird photo, sorry. It's  a lace sweater! It's sooo adorable. It was actually a size too small for me (which I didn't try it on nor did I really take much notice when I bought it) but luckily me wearing it enough kind of stretched it out. xD;

----------
So, this proves that thrifting IS fun! For you who have never done it, go to a thrift store or Goodwill and look! :D

Also, since I'm doing a new post anyway, random bow I bought from an awesome seller on Etsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment